Saturday 16 July 2016

Look out South Africa here we come!

I am so excited! I am leaving tomorrow (well I forgot to publish my blog) with a group of 11 wonderful educators from Carolina Forest International Elementary School along with Dr. Gross and two professors from UNCW headed to Port Elizabeth, South Africa to teach and learn. Please join me as I travel on this wonderful journey.Since I forgot to publish I will update you on my day. We pulled out of Wilmington International Airport at 3:00.
This is our wonderful group ready to board the first of three airplanes. 

Here we are on our first airplane headed to Atlanta, Georgia.  
We are now in Atlanta, Georgia and getting ready to board our next airplane for Johannesburg, South Africa.
This airplane flight will be 15 hours and 38 minutes. 


My in flight meal with chicken, shrimp, fruit, a salad, cheese
and crackers and a brownie. I could not believe it was so
much food.

After one more airplane flight from Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth (that's 18 hours and 45 minutes on a plane) we are here. I was amazed at the questions the South African that sat beside me asked. He wanted to know all
about Hilary and Trump! It made me think if I knew as much ab out his country as he knew about mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment